During COVID-19, all in-person events have been cancelled. For this reason, WLH 309 is not available for use during Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
WLH room 309, located on the 3rd floor of William L. Harkness Hall, is a common space shared by the German Department, the Program in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, and LGBT Studies. Ellen Cupo manages reservations for WGSS and LGBTS faculty, and Alex Svensen maintains reservations for the German Department. The official room schedule is kept by the German Department on an Outlook calendar. The German Department posts a printed schedule on the 309 door which is updated weekly. Reservations can be made up to one month in advance, and are honored on a first come, first served basis. Academic and administrative events receive precedence in scheduling.
Room 309 has seating available to accommodate 36. The maximum capacity for the room is 50.
Room Request Form
For all other departments, click here for the Room Request Form.
Who Can Reserve WLH 309
- Reservations can be made by any German, WGSS, and LGBTS related faculty or staff member for special events, meetings, and receptions. On-going Yale classes are not permitted to be scheduled in WLH 309. Requests for Yale College classes should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other academic departments at Yale should make their requests using the WLH 309 Room Request Form.
- Requests by student organizations related to German, WGSS, and LGBTS can be made by a faculty sponsor who will assume administrative responsibility for the use of the room especially after regular business hours (8:30 am to 5:00 pm) and on weekend days.
Rules and Regulations for Using WLH 309
- Catering and food is allowed in WLH 309. Clean up and proper disposal of food and beverages is the responsibility of the faculty member or designated group leader. Food items left behind will be discarded by staff in order to manage our shared kitchen and control vermin. It is recommended that groups follow Yale’s Green Catering guidelines.
- You are required to leave Rm 309 the way that you found it. A diagram of the preferred set-up can be found in the lectern. If you will be serving food, rearranging furniture, etc., please plan for appropriate clean-up. If your catered event is after-hours, you will need to submit a Facilities Service Request at https://facilities.yale.edu/about-yale-facilities/requesting-services.
- Use of alcohol is governed by the Yale Policies on Social Functions and Alcohol use: http://catalog.yale.edu/undergraduate-regulations/rules-governing-student-activities/alcoholic-beverages/
- Open flames, including candles and use of fireplace are prohibited in WLH 309.
- Please do not remove anything from Rm 309 that does not belong to you or your group.
Click here for the Room Request form.