WLH 309, located on the 3rd floor of William L. Harkness Hall, is a common space shared by the German Department, the Program in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies. Linda Hase manages reservations for WGSS and LGBTS faculty and Alex Svensen maintains reservations for the German Department. The official room schedule is kept by the German Department on an Outlook calendar. The German Department posts a printed schedule on the 309 door which is updated weekly. Reservations are honored on a first come, first serve basis. Academic and administrative events receive precedence in scheduling. Early planning and scheduling of important events is encouraged.
Who Can Reserve WLH 309
- Reservations can be made by any German, WGSS, and LGBTS related faculty or staff member for special events, meetings, and receptions. On-going Yale classes are not permitted to be scheduled in WLH 309. Requests for Yale College classes should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other academic departments at Yale should make their requests for use to the German Department. Click here to be directed to the WLH 309 Room Request Form.
- Requests by student organizations related to German, WGSS, and LGBTS can be made by a faculty sponsor who will assume administrative responsibility for the use of the room especially after regular business hours (8:30 am to 5:00 pm) and on weekend days.
Rules and Regulations for Using WLH 309
- Catering and food is allowed in WLH 309. Clean up and proper disposal of food and beverages is the responsibility of the faculty member or designated group leader. Food items left behind will be discarded by staff in order to manage our shared kitchen and control vermin. It is reccommended that groups follow Yale’s Green Catering guidelines. If Yale Custodial Services is determined necessary, outside organizations will need to provide changing instructions (PTAEO).
- Use of alcohol is governed by the Yale Policies on Social Functions and Alcohol use: http://catalog.yale.edu/undergraduate-regulations/rules-governing-student-activities/alcoholic-beverages/
- Open flames, including candles and use of fireplace are prohibited in WLH 309.
- Each group using the room is responsible for returning the configuration of chairs and tables to its normal lecture formation. If Yale Custodial Services is determined necessary, outside organizations will need to provide changing instructions (PTAEO).